Sunday 11 January 2015

S K I N W O R K S /// Winter must haves

Winter has officially descended on every part of the Northern hemisphere. Living in Montreal, and having family strewn across Ontario, I think that it is safe to say: I win. With many parts of Ontario covered in a light dusting of snow, Montreal is currently under a sheet of snow, followed by a thick layer of ice, and topped with more snow. If you don't have a gym membership, just walking for a half hour will definitely do, since it works the calves and the core. In the very least, you will break a small sweat.

Today's post is about my holy grail winter skincare products. But, first I want to say that no amount of money you spend on creams and lotions will do what proper eating and a good intake of water will do for you. This information is every where, but water is more than skin deep, and it should be the starting point for anyone trying to take better care of their skin.

With that said, here are my winter must-haves:

Night-time moisturizer: Lancome Bienfait Multi-vital Night and Josie Maran Argan Oil

I add four drops of argan oil to a finger full of the Lancome moisturizer, and massage it into my face, and down my neck. Obviously it won't leave your face matte, but I always wake up with bright and plump skin in the morning.

Moisturizer for days when Im not wearing make-up: Body Shop Vitamin C Boost Serum

On days when I am just hanging around home, running errands, and always whenever I go to the gym, I use one pump of this. It instantly brightens your skin, feels thick enough without being greasy, has a nice orange scent, and doesn't break me out ever. In fact, I find it calms my skin. 


Tip: Wait for sales. It is regular $28, but when a 3 for $30 sale comes along, I grab a couple at a time ;)

Out of the shower, body moisturizer & hair serum: Clockwise from top left: L'Oreal EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment, Body Shop Shea Body Butter, Bath & Body Works Wild Madagascar Vanilla body lotion, Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Ultra Shea Body Cream, Body Shop Satsuma Body Sorbet 


As soon as I get out of the shower, I moisturize my face, then my hair with the Loreal Oil, followed by moisturizing my body. I always use the body butter for my lower half since it is thicker and gentler in scent. I use one of the bottom three lotions for my upper half depending on my mood! They are all so lovely and different, and none of them irritate my skin. Ive been moisturizing twice a day lately, and they always perk me up. 

Hope this helps if you're looking for moisturizer ideas! It seems like a lot of products, but apart from the Sephora products, I always wait for a really good sale to come along, and stock up for months. At one point, I had 8 Japanese Cherry Blossom lotions in my stock closet. When you find something that works, it's worth it. 

Ciao,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment